Dear CMS Families,
I hope that everyone had a wonderful summer and welcome to both new and returning families to the 2017-18 school year. The staff and I are all very excited for the first day of school, August 21st. All classroom environments are ready for the student’s return. August 21, is not only the first day of school at CMS, but the Solar eclipse. This is a wonderful opportunity for our K-5th level students. They will gather together in the elementary building and will watch it via live streaming as well as on a projector and mirror. The teachers are excited to share this with their students.
I am excited to let you know of our staff changes. Please welcome Jose Bolanos, Tammy To and Ana Carrete to our CMS family. Mr. Bolanos is part of the administrative team and is the Administrative and Development Coordinator. Ms. To is the new Business Manager (Ms. Hall has retired). Ms. Carrete is joining the CMS Enrichment team as the new Spanish Teacher. Ms. Salas (our former Maestra) took her AMS Montessori training this summer for the early childhood students and is now a Dragonfly teacher.
We will be having our first parent only community event on Thursday, August 24th from 6-7:30. It is hosted by our Parent Teacher Committee and is going to be a wonderful time to meet your fellow classroom families, teachers, classroom ambassadors, Board of Directors and administration. More information will be coming out soon.
If you pre-ordered lunches please remember that they won’t begin until August 28th. After school classes will start the Tuesday, September 5th. Class information has been sent out and is available on RenWeb. Mr. Bolanos can assist you with this should you have questions.
We are looking forward to a great school year of learning, collaborating and community building! Please always know that I am always here to answer any questions or concerns that you may have throughout the year. I look forward to seeing all of you on Monday morning. See below for reminders and upcoming dates.
- With safety being our priority, we have added staff and changed the arrival procedure slightly. We need your assistance by remembering to make a right hand turn out of the driveway on to Monte Vista road and that elementary students only are to be dropped off at the unloading/loading curb and cars aren’t allowed to be parked there. All early childhood students will be welcomed at their cars by a teacher and escorted to their classrooms by an elementary greeter. If you have enrollment paperwork for Ms. Walker she will be at the exit of the driveway to receive it and will contact you later that day if needed. We appreciate your assistance and cooperation with our morning arrival and afternoon dismissal process.
- If your child is a half day student, the students will be escorted to the front of the school on the bench and where you will sign them out.
- For full day, early childhood dismissals please stay in your car and a teacher will bring your student to you. Should the parking lot be full at this time, Ms. Walker will signal to you to pull up to the curb and we will bring your student to you.
- First day of school-August 21
- PTC Meet and Greet-August 24 @ 6-7:30
- Pre-ordered lunches begin-August 28th
- After school classes begin-September 5
- Montessori Journey-September 8
- Grandparents Day-September 13
- Annual meeting/Ice Cream Social-September 16
- Administration-Adela Corrales, Sheila Walker, Jose Bolanos, Tammy To
- Lady Bug-Karin Osterberg, Britany Titus, Nicole Lucia
- Bumblebee-Wendy West, Dawn Bohn, Kelley Swaine
- Dragonfly-Ranu Huq, Nadia Salas
- Eagles-Erika Dukes, Jennifer Anderson, Mandy Odenwalder, Lynn Parker, Corinne Thomas
- Owls-Vicki Rehkopf, Kathy Rader, Joshua Rehkopf
- Child Care-Tracy Rendon, Melissa Yee
- Enrichment classes-Dennis Short, Joshua Rehkopf, Ana Carrete, Tracy Rendon