Country Montessori School
October 21, 2021
“One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child.”
Dr. Maria Montessori
- Halloween Event-October 30
- Parent/Teacher Conferences–November 4 & 5 – No school. Child care will be available – Please sign up!
- Walk-A-Thon – November 10th
- Veterans Day – No school. No Child Care
Spooktacular Halloween Drive Through Event
We hope that you can all attend the Spooktacular Halloween Drive Through on Saturday, October 30. Early Childhood classes drive through will be 3:00-3:30 and Elementary will be 3:30-4:00. We look forward to seeing everyone in their costumes and waving to all our students while passing out goodie bags. Please RSVP if you haven’t already! Click here to sign up! For more information please contact Nadia Salas, Nadias@countrymontessori.org.
Our Fall parent/teacher conferences will be held Thursday, November 4 and Friday, November 5. This is a special time for parents to connect with their student’s teachers. These conferences will be held virtually via Zoom. You will receive your digital copy of your student’s report card on Wednesday, November 3rd. Sign up for your conference time today! If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Parent/Teacher Conference – Child Care Sign-Up
There will be child care available on conference days, November 4 and 5. Half-day (pick up by 1230pm – $30) or full-day (over 5 hours – $50). Child care is open from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. In keeping with our COVID-19 policies and procedures, arrival times remain the same during downtime with 7:30-8:40 being the window for drop off. Due to scheduling and staffing – drop in’s are not allowed.
We are excited to hold our annual Walk-a-thon on November 10th! The Walk-a-thon is a fun and exciting way for students and families to get involved and help support our fundraising efforts. Staying with the health & safety guidelines, students will only be walking with their classrooms. Each classroom will be taking turns running the track. Due to current safety protocols we are unable to allow families to participate onsite for the event. However, we would love for your family to create a sign with your child’s name on it which we will post around the walk-a-thon track for all to see. The size of the sign should be no bigger than 3’x3’. We will also be filming all the classes completing their turns on the walk-a-thon course and these videos will be shared with our CMS families. This year our goal is to raise $200 per student to invest right back into CMS. All students will be rewarded for their hard work and enthusiasm with incentives and an ice cream party to be held December 3 rd.
We Need All Parents to Complete 3 Easy Steps for Success!!
- Register your child(ren) by visiting Get Movin’ Fund Hub. It’s free, easy, and fast to register! For the school identifier code use: 5d978e9d3fa0b
- Email and/or text your child’s student fundraising web-page with 10-20 friends and family. It’s super easy!
- Post on Facebook or Twitter! It’s just two clicks of a button to post! The average parent has 300 FB friends. You’ll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives, friends and colleagues!. Post & see what happens!
We will be using FundHub (Get Movin’ Fundraising) to manage all our Walk-a-thon donations. Each family will need to register their child(ren) at Get Movin’ Fund Hub, Get Movin’ Fund Hub, then select register as a parent. Fill out your contact information, our school code (school identifier) is auto populated when you use the hyperlinks. Once registered you can customize your individual fundraising page, adding personalized messages, pictures or a fun video. Use the Family Share option to share multiple student pages through a single message. Donations can be made by credit card directly through the student Walk-a-thon page. Check donations are also accepted and can be turned in directly to the CMS office as well. We hope that every family will participate and share their student pages. Also, you might be able to double your donation! Check to see if your employer will match your contribution!
We are very excited for our partnership with Ki’s School Lunches for those families who would like to pre-purchase lunches for their child(ren). As of right now, Tuesday & Friday are the only days available for lunches. We are hoping to add more days in the future.
Please read the letter from Ki’s School Lunches, which will be very helpful in learning about who they are, and most importantly, how to set up an account. You will see all the exciting lunches you can pre-order for your child(ren). There is a lot of flexibility on what you can order (i.e Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Diary Free) and how/when you can pre-order lunches.
**Please do not add juices/smoothies or desserts to your orders since these items are not allowed on CMS Campus.
Ki’s Website: https://kis.naturallunches.
After School Classes
To register, you can bring a check or Venmo the payment to the specific teacher listed on the flyer. Please turn in the form to the teacher/office via email or at school during pick up & drop off. Thank you!
Early Childhood Classes (ages 3-6):
Arrival and Picking Up Parking Lot Procedures
- Please turn right only out of the parking lot
- Please do not reverse your car in the parking lot or curb unless you are motioned to by a staff member
- If you have an elementary student and arrive after 8:30 please drive through the parking lot and an EC teacher will get your student out of your car
Attendance and Tardiness
It is important for your student to be on time each day for school. Daily attendance is taken each morning and recorded. All students should be in class by 8:30 with the exception for early childhood students who are given until 8:40, this does not apply to elementary students. Absences and tardies will be reflected on the students report card and we discourage excessive tardiness and absences.
Late Arrival Procedures
If your student is late to school you need to park and accompany them and wait outside the office in the enclosed area. Administration will take all tardy students to class at 9:00 AM. Please make every effort to have your student to school on time.
Morning child care is offered every morning at 7:30AM and after school child care is from 2:45-6:00 PM. Please let Susan know at Susank@countrymontessori.org
New CMS Families – Setting up your Renweb Parent Portal
Be sure to set up your FACTSMgt (RenWeb) Parent Portal account
- Visit https://factsmgt.com
- Click Parent Log in
- Select FACTS Family Portal
- The Family Portal Login Page comes up. – You will click Create New Family Portal Account
- Country Montessori School District Code: CO-CA
- Type your email address and click Create Account
An email will be sent to you with a link Click to change password. This link is only valid for 15 minutes
The browser displays your Name and RenWeb ID
- Type a User Name, Password and Confirm the password
- Click Save Password
A message at the top of the browser, “User Name/Password successfully updated You can now log into ParentsWeb using your new Username and Password
Country Montessori School App
If you have not done so please be sure to download the Country Montessori School App. You can look up the app in the App Store or Google Play Store on your device. Simply search for Country Montessori School or use the following link https://a3a.me/
You can use the Country Montessori School App to:
- Complete your daily sign-in for morning arrivals
- Daily sign out (for Early Childhood students)
- View / Pay child care
- Access Family Directory
- Link to CMS Facebook / Instagram
- Access Admin Corner Newsletters
- View Report Cards (once released)
- Process Re-enrollment
- Additional FACTS (RenWeb) Parent Portal features
- Register for your Walk-A-Thon individual student page
School Health & Safety
Country Montessori School is committed to continuing to provide a healthy and safe environment for all our students, their families, our staff and the community. We will continue to follow the California Department of Public Health, the San Diego County Office of Education, community care licensing and CDC recommended safety measures.
- Daily temperature checks are mandatory for all students and staff before drop-off. Any student with a temperature exceeding 100 degrees will not be allowed to attend school that day.
- Any student or staff member who have any of the symptoms listed on the Decision Tree will be asked to follow the protocol
- Visitors on campus are limited and must be allowed in by administration
- CMS will follow enhanced sanitation practices and practice frequent handwashing
- Handless sanitizer stations will be in all buildings
- Staff will sanitize supplies and facilities throughout the day
- Daily cleaning and enhanced sanitation will occur at the end of each day with a focus on disinfecting all “high touch” areas
- Lunch areas for all students will be set up to allow for social distancing
- CMS staff will wear face mask throughout the day
- All students are required to wear masks indoors and outdoors.
- Outdoor space will be utilized as much as possible
- Water fountains will be taped off
- All outdoor playground toys / equipment used will be sanitized regularly
- Parents will sign in using a no touch sign in with a QR code they will scan with their smartphone camera app.
- Parents who are dropping off must also wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth
- Parents will be asked to fill out a daily self-disclosure form
Daily Self-Declaration by Families
In an effort to protect the health and safety of our entire community families and staff will need to fill out a daily self-declaration prior to entering the campus.
The CMS Family