Country Montessori School
November 3, 2020
“The satisfaction which they find in their work has given them a grace and ease like that which comes from music.”
Dr. Maria Montessori
- Parent/Teacher Conferences–November 5 and 6- No School / No Child Care
- Veteran’s Day -Wednesday, November 11- No School / No Child Care
- Walk-A-Thon – November 18th
- Virtual Parent Education Night-December 3-6:00-8:00 PM
Our fall parent/teacher conferences will be held this Thursday, November 5 and Friday, November 6. This is a special time for parents to connect with their student’s teachers. These conferences will be held virtually via Zoom.
Parent Teacher Conferences Fall 2020 Zoom Invites will be sent to you by your classroom teachers on Wednesday, November 4th.
Report cards will be available via your RenWeb portal on Wednesday, 11/4 after 3pm. Go to your homepage on your parent portal, go to the left hand side of the screen to student and select report card. Please review prior to your assigned conference.
Parking Lot Arrivals and Dismissals
Please remember to TURN RIGHT on to Monte Vista Road when exiting the parking lot. Safety is our number one priority and we appreciate everyone’s support and understanding in doing their part. Please do not move your car forward until you have been waived forward by a CMS staff member, students and staff are unloading/loading in the parking lot and we want to keep everyone safe. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
Thanksgiving Week Child Care
CMS will be closed for Thanksgiving week, November 23-27. Child care MAY BE available Monday and Tuesday – we need to have a minimum number of students signed up for it to be offered. If you would like to sign up please email Susan at email@example.com to let her know which days you would like and if you will need half-day (less than 5 hours – $25) or full-day (over 5 hours – $45). Child care is open from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm. In keeping with our COVID-19 policies and procedures, arrival times remain the same during downtime with 7:30-8:40 being the window for drop off.
Please let her know no later than Tuesday, Nov. 10th! We will then let you know before November 12th if we are going to have Child Care available.
We are excited to hold our annual Walk-a-thon on November 18th! This year will look a little different, but still have the same goals. The Walk-a-thon is a fun and exciting way for students and families to get involved and help support our fundraising efforts. Staying within the health and safety guidelines, students will be walking/running with their pods. Each classroom will be taking turns running the track.
We Need All Parents to Complete 3 Easy Steps for Success!!
- Register your child(ren) by visiting Get Movin’ Fund Hub. It’s free, easy, and fast to register! For the school identifier code use:
- Email and/or text your child’s student fundraising web-page with 10-20 friends and family. It’s super easy!
- Post on Facebook or Twitter! It’s just two clicks of a button to post! The average parent has 300 FB friends. You’ll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives, friends and colleagues!. Post & see what happens!
We will be using FundHub (Get Movin’ Fundraising) to manage all our Walk-a-thon donations. Each family will need to register their child(ren) at Get Movin’ Fund Hub, Get Movin’ Fund Hub, then select register as a parent. Fill out your contact information, our school code (school identifier) is auto populated when you use the hyperlinks. Once registered you can customize your individual fundraising page, adding personalized messages, pictures or a fun video. Use the Family Share option to share multiple student pages through a single message. Donations can be made by credit card directly through the student Walk-a-thon page. Check donations are also accepted and can be turned in directly to the CMS office. We hope that every family will participate and share their student pages.
First 50 families who set up their child’s Walk-a-thon page before Nov. 6th will receive a CMS lanyard. That’s just for registering early!
A special thank you to our Walk-a-thon Sponsors:
PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT
- December 3-Virtual Parent Education Night- This event highlights our Montessori curriculum as well as our enrichment classes. You will be invited via Zoom to see our CMS teachers speak about their curriculum and the highlights of the programs. Invitations and more information will be coming out soon.
Absences and Illnesses
Please notify the office if your student will not be in class or is sick. Should your child be sick all families need to inform the office and we will provide further mandated guidance. When our students are sick we want them to rest so virtual class is not permitted during illnesses.
The CMS Family